No Registration Web 2.0 Productivity Tools
Charts - Diagrams - Mindmaps
- Archimy.com - 3D Function Online: Draw graphs for all kinds of functions. (Also has downloadable software)
- ChartGo: Easily create a chart with multiple options of color, font, size, titles, etc. Available in English, Spanish and French. Results provide links or embed code. Once completed have choice of changing to a different type of chart. Available in 3D. Example
- Chartico: Simple online bar chart creator Example
- Create a Graph: Presented by the National Council for Education Statistics. Chose design, enter data and labels, save and/or print. (Requires Flash) Example
- Draw.io: Using a drag and drop system of pictures and shapes create diagrams or mindmaps. Allows your diagram to be saved to your computer for uploading again to continue your work. Chrome app available Example
- Graphity Diagram Editor: Offers limited number of shapes, modern shapes, relationships, flowchart, connections, and custom elements with grey and orange coloration. Save as a graphml file or a png graphic. File can be uploaded back for more editing. Integrates with Google Drive. Example
- Hohli Online Chart Builder: Create bar, line, pie, venn, scatter plots, or radar charts with size, colors, spacing options. Save as image, get an embed code for a wiki or link with a URL to your final chart. Example
- LiveGap Charts: In online simplified spreadsheet, enter data, customize and create a variety of charts. Example
- Loopy: Create interactive animated simulations to demonstrate a concept. Example NEW
- Mindmup : Simple mindmapping tool, create sibling or child nodes, color, organize, and save as text, mindmup, htlml or image to your computer or Google Drive. iPhone/iPad and Chrome apps available Example
- Online Chart Tool: Create a chart (bar, line, area, pie, XY, Radar, scatter, bubble, meter, bar/line or pyramid) easily step by step with ability to go back and revise to set the exact chart want. Example
- Piecolor: Select number of pieces, values, names, and options to create color pie charts. Example
- 3D Badge Maker: Create digital recognition with the easy to use tool to create badges, buttons and logos. Example
- Alphabetizer: Create a list and let Alphabetizer do the work and includes the ability to remove HTML, ignore articles, capitalize and lowercase words and phrases, ignore case, order names, last names, and more.
- ClassTools.net: Create interactive games, activities and diagrams with Flash.
- Jeopardy Labs: Build your own jeopardy game template or use others already created without PowerPoint, registration, or fees
- Newspaper Clipping Generator: Create your own newspaper front page headline and story. Example
- Print Friendly & PDF: Cleans and formats webpages without navigation and web junk, and if chosen no images, for printing , PDF or email. Chrome extension available
- PrintWhatYouLike: Enter a URL and select the parts of the web page you wish to print. Can also be set as a bookmarklet. Chrome extension available
- Rewordify: Enter text or URL for help with vocabulary and comprehension >>with the simplification of words and definition for lower reading level.
- Scribble Maps: Using Google Maps draw, mark, create, custom maps. First view of Scribble Map contains a box of options and a login. Click the X in the upper right corner to close the box. Example
- Tableizer: Turn any Excel file into an HTML table to share on the web. Data Example Tableizer of all No Reg tools
- Extractpdf: Extract images, text, and fonts from pdf files as well as metadata about the pdf file. NEW
- FoxyUtils for PDF: Select one of 4 PDF tools - Merge, Split, Unlock or Protect
- iLovePDF : Merge up to 10 pdf files to the limit of 80MB or extract/split 2 pdf files up to 10MB. (Requires Java and Flash) Chrome app available
- PDFaid: Find all the tools you need for PDF manipulation.
- PDFEscape: Online PDF editor and form filler Chrome app available
- PDFMergy : Upload pdf files or select from your Google Drive, put in order, then merge Chrome app available
- PDFOnlineReader : Upload a pdf to highlight, annotate, and hyperlink.
- RotatePDF: Upload a PDF you wish to be permanently rotated clockwise or counterclockwise, view and/or download your PDF.
- Sedja : Advanced pdf manipulation tool: merge, split, decrpyt, encrypt, rotate, extract, convert to jpg and more. Chrome app available
- Smallpdf: Suite of tools to compress, merge, split, unlock and convert images to and from pdf, and Word-Excel-PPT to pdf. Available as 7 individual Chrome apps
- See also PDF tools listed under General Conversion Tools
- Duplichecker : Free online software for plagiarism detection. Unregistered users limited to 3 searches per day.
- ImageCodr.org: To give correct attribution when using Creative Commons Flickr images, enter URL and get html to use on your webpage.
- Plagiarism Checker : Free and easy detector, copy and paste or upload word document.
- Plagiarism Checker SEO: Type or paste text from a document or website to find if plagiarized text can be find anywhere on the web. (Site does contain advertising)
- Plagiarisma.net: Limit of 5000 characters unless chose to register Chrome and Android apps and Windows download available
- PlagTracker: Limit of 500 characters but provides feedback with highlights and list of sources.
- TinEye Reverse Image Search: Upload a picture or enter a URL and find the original source of an image. Chrome extension available
Puzzle, Quiz and Test Makers
- Cube Creator: Visual thinking tool from ReadWriteThink for creating a biography, mystery, story, or topic planning sheet. Can be saved and reloaded for ongoing work. The final result is downloadable in pdf format. Example
- FlipBook: Type and illustrate tabbed flip books up to ten pages for note taking, picture books, fact collecting, or question and answer booklets.
- Postcard Creator
- Printing Press: Create and print out a flyer, newspaper, brochure or booklet.
- Story Mapping: 4 templates allow for writing development in graphic organizer form of character, setting, conflict and resolution. Example
- Student Interactives: Browse available interactives arranged by Organizing & Summarizing, Inquiry & Analysis, Writing Poetry, Writing & Publishing Prose,and Learning About Language.
- Timeline : Simple graphical representation timeline organized by date, time or event. Example Android and iOS apps available
- Webbing Tool: Create free form graphic organizers. Final graphic can only be printed out not saved.
- Article Summarizer: Pulls important topics and key arguments and displays summaries for any text.
- Automatic Text Summarizer: Using extraction summary pulls most important points of the original document.
- Diffen: Chart based comparison tool.
- Formatically : Instant citation tool designed to provide a a book or website citation in under 11 seconds in MLA or APA format with editing ability. NEW
- Lingro Dictionary: Enter a URL to get all the words on the page clickable for a definition of the word
- Website Evaluator (Easybib): From the Imagine Easy Academy comes a handy online tool for evaluating the quality of a website on purpose, authority, accuracy, relevance and currency. By answering a series of questions students evaluate and come to their conclusion as to acceptability of a website for research.
- Thesisbuilder: Online tool to find a topic, create a thesis statement, and generate an outline
Screenshots of Webpages
- Screenshot Guru: Take a full length screenshot of a website than download the image in png format. Example on Livebinders
- Screenshot Machine: Capture text as a full size image by simply copying and pasting a URL.
- Snaggy: A web based tool for capturing screen shots which can be annotated, drawn and highlighted on then shared or saved. Example
- Webcapture.net: Capture full page screenshots. Example created for Pixiclip
Short and Long URLs
- bit.ly: Just create a shortened URL or sign in with Facebook, Twitter or bit.ly account. Chrome app available
- Link Expander and Decrypter: Unshortens any URL from over 100 shortening services and responds with full URL, title, description, keywords, safety and page screenshot.
- Tiny URL: Shorten long URL's to share
- unfurlr: Enter short URL for information on the original URL with analysis of source and browser.
- unshorten.it: Provides a destination URL, description of site where available, safety rating and if appears on blacklists for supplied short URL. NEW
- v.gd: Noted on the site as 'the ethical URL shortener' when a v.gd URL is used it goes an extra step by first showing the long URL and giving the option to follow the link or not. V.gd's sister site is.gd skips this step.
- Where Does This Link Go: Enter a shortened URL to find out where it will take you.
- After the Deadline: Language checker for spelling, grammar and style.
- GrammarCheck: Check your text for spelling, grammar and punctuation and find wording alternatives, suggestions and explanations. NEW
- Hemingway Editor: Improve your writing with visual feedback on errors, style, wordiness, sentence construction and more.
- Paperrater: Free spell checker, grammar checker, plagiarism detector and writer analyzer
- Rewordify Enter text or URL for help with vocabulary and comprehension >>with the simplification of words and definition for lower reading level.
- Slick Write: Customize this free tool for grammar checking, stylistic errors and more.
- Text Compactor: Automatic text summarization tool. Example
- Write Rhymes
Updated September 1, 2018